Drop by Drop Exhibition - 28th of July to 6th of August in the entrance hall of the Nordic House.
20 print ads on water shortage and resource efficiency.
The purpose of this exhibition is to draw attention to the looming water crisis we are all facing.
The exhibition shows 20 of the best contributions to a competition organized by the United Nations to create a print advertisement that inspires others to preserve water – now and for future generations.
More than 3500 contributions were submitted – you can see them all at www.dropbydrop.eu
The competition was part of “The Future We Want”, the UN's global campaign leading up to the Rio+20 Conference on sustainable development held in June 2012.
Did you know that…
– About 70 % of the earth is covered by water, just as 70 % of the human body consists of water
– 97 % of this is salt water, only 3 % of the world's water resources is fresh water and only 1 % of all water is potentially drinkable
– You can live a month without food, but only survive a week without water
– Producing one hamburger requires up to 11 000 liters of water, the same goes to make a pound of coffee
– One glass of milk takes 200 liters of water to produce, a kilo of rice takes up to 1000–3000 liters
– Water scarcity affects 40% of the human population. Over 5000 people, most of them children, die every day because they do not have access to clean drinking water
– By 2040 humanity's demand for water could outstrip supply by as much as 40 %